Employee Profile: Oliver Coleman

Meet our newest Estimator/Surveyor, Oliver, who joined Artemis this summer.

Headshot image of Ollie

In his role as an Estimator, Oliver has to assess clients’ requirements, provide tree advice and then write up a competitive quotation. Usually the first point of face-to-face contact between a customer and Artemis, our Estimators have a responsibility to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous with an excellent understanding of tree work. When a new Estimator joins us they spend time out on site with our teams, getting to know our working practices and our skilled arborists who work on-site carrying out the jobs.

As a Surveyor, Oliver is highly qualified with an in-depth knowledge of trees and the issues around tree management. (See our news item in March 2019 for more details on Tree Surveys).

Oliver took the time to answer a few questions about his role within Artemis.

Please give a brief outline of your current role.

I undertake quotations and surveys for the business, occasionally getting my boots on to help the lads on site.

How long have you been working in the arboriculture industry?

I have been in the industry in various roles (from chopping firewood to consultancy) for almost 10 years. Time flies!

What is your biggest achievement to date (personal or professional)?

Passing my FdSc in Arboriculture and finally buying a house.

What’s on your wish list for the next 5 years?

On a personal level, getting married and having more beautiful children! In a working capacity, obtaining my bat inspection licence would be somewhere on the list.

What’s the best thing about working at Artemis?

The great team spirit with a “big family” atmosphere and working alongside friendly,
skilled staff.

What makes Artemis stand out from other companies you’ve worked for?

I feel like a member of a team rather than a robot clocking in and out. I actually look forward to coming to work (most days – I’m only human!).

This website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience...

More information I understand

5/ 5

Verified customer feedback

5 rating based on

565 reviews

Excellent

Pools Sritharan

Excellent service from the initial contact to completion. Professional ans polite at all times. Many thanks for this wonderful experience. Regards Pools Sritharan 18, The Avenue, Potters Bar.... Excellent service from the initial contact to completion. Professional ans polite at all times. Many thanks for this wonderful experience. Regards Pools Sritharan 18, The Avenue, Potters Bar.

1 week ago

Wendy Fry

Very pleased with work done to prune large sycamore tree. Detailed quote provided same day as Billy came to inspect and advise. All work was done promptly, safely with no mess whatsoever. Would defini... Very pleased with work done to prune large sycamore tree. Detailed quote provided same day as Billy came to inspect and advise. All work was done promptly, safely with no mess whatsoever. Would definitely recommend this firm. Very professional from start to finish.

3 weeks ago

Chris Pooley

If you require any tree work done I can certainly recommend Artemis. The estimator Billy was great to deal with professional and gave great advice. We required a Laurel and Holly tree to be reduced i... If you require any tree work done I can certainly recommend Artemis. The estimator Billy was great to deal with professional and gave great advice. We required a Laurel and Holly tree to be reduced in height and shaped and several leylandia trees at the back of the garden to be reduced in height and tidied up.A detailed quote was provided within 24 hours. On the day of the scheduled work the crew arrived on time and Tom and Charlie did a fantastic job very courteous and making sure everything was left nice and tidy. I would have no hesitation in contacting them for any future work required this is an extremely well run business.

3 weeks ago

Wendy Farrell

Great service from the get go. Surveyor was brilliant and took his time advising me on the best value for money for the job. The two guys in the day were fab! Not a leaf was left for me to tidy up. K... Great service from the get go. Surveyor was brilliant and took his time advising me on the best value for money for the job. The two guys in the day were fab! Not a leaf was left for me to tidy up. Kirstie Harvey in the office is a legend! Cannot recommend this company highly enough.

1 month ago

Kirk Teasdale

Delighted with the work carried out by what I can only describe as absolute gentlemen. They were prompt, courteous and considerate through out. Would definitely recommend.... Delighted with the work carried out by what I can only describe as absolute gentlemen. They were prompt, courteous and considerate through out. Would definitely recommend.

1 month ago

Mark Stafford

As a retired arborist myself I cannot give this company higher praise. Reasonable quote for the work and their climber was very proffessional and worked in a safe manner. Site was spotless when they l... As a retired arborist myself I cannot give this company higher praise. Reasonable quote for the work and their climber was very proffessional and worked in a safe manner. Site was spotless when they left. All in all a very pleasant experience.

1 month ago

Anonymous

Everything was great from start to finish I highly recommend Artemis. From the initial quotation to the reminders and then the text on the day to say they were on their way everything was perfect. T... Everything was great from start to finish I highly recommend Artemis. From the initial quotation to the reminders and then the text on the day to say they were on their way everything was perfect. The chaps onsite were great, very polite and incredibly tidy. I am very happy with the standard of work and would definitely recommend.

1 month ago

Nick Woolford

From the initial contact through to the finished work, everything has gone smoothly and professionally. The estimator came when he said he would, gave us meaningful and thoughtful suggestions. His d... From the initial contact through to the finished work, everything has gone smoothly and professionally. The estimator came when he said he would, gave us meaningful and thoughtful suggestions. His detailed estimate was produced within hours of his visit. Once we had accepted the estimate we received planned date for the work. On the day the workmen arrived when we were told they would. They were extremely co-operative, helpful and informative. The work procedure without a hitch with everything being competed to a high standard, and all the refuse removed, leaving the garden neat and tidy. We will have Artemis back later in the year to prune the fruit trees.

2 months ago

Anonymous

A fantastic service, at good reasonable prices with total clearace of the site upon completion. Couldn't ask for more....

3 months ago

Anonymous

Just had a tree removed in Ruislip Manor, the guys were done and dusted in just over an hour, I was expecting a mess that I'd have to clean up once they left. The guys ensured everything was spo... Just had a tree removed in Ruislip Manor, the guys were done and dusted in just over an hour, I was expecting a mess that I'd have to clean up once they left. The guys ensured everything was spotless when they left. We're all happy, but my Cat missing the tree!

3 months ago

Asarthan

Great job start to finish. All contact smooth and easy. The team listened to everything we wanted and pulled it off to perfection. Very neat and tidy too! Thank you very much!... Great job start to finish. All contact smooth and easy. The team listened to everything we wanted and pulled it off to perfection. Very neat and tidy too! Thank you very much!

3 months ago

Pete W

Another year of great service from start to finish - highly recommended...

3 months ago

Louise Leahy

Excellent service from the beginning, all lovely staff at every point and the work was carried out tidily and with consultation along the way. Very accommodating. Highly recommend and would use again.... Excellent service from the beginning, all lovely staff at every point and the work was carried out tidily and with consultation along the way. Very accommodating. Highly recommend and would use again.

3 months ago

Gordon Smith

I was impressed with your quotation service. The paperwork was excellent. The team arrived on time and carried out the job expertly and in accordance with our wishes. They were very professional and c... I was impressed with your quotation service. The paperwork was excellent. The team arrived on time and carried out the job expertly and in accordance with our wishes. They were very professional and communicated with us at all time. We were very impressed with the whole service from start to finish.

3 months ago

Pam Hawkins

Marcin & Mo arrived bang on time. We discussed the schedule of works supplied with the estimate and agreed what was to be done. They worked well as a team, and had finished 2 of the 3 trees by lu... Marcin & Mo arrived bang on time. We discussed the schedule of works supplied with the estimate and agreed what was to be done. They worked well as a team, and had finished 2 of the 3 trees by lunch time. The 3rd was completed and all the rubbish raked up, shredded and removed a few hours later. My neighbours were happy with the work as any overhang into their gardens had been removed. I would thoroughly recommend Artemis and in particular the team that did my work. The quality of the workmanship is well worth the cost.

3 months ago

John Taylor

I would definitely recommend Artemis. Very professional, courteous and efficient. They did the job with the minimum of fuss and inconvenience and cleared up carefully and thoroughly. Their reliability... I would definitely recommend Artemis. Very professional, courteous and efficient. They did the job with the minimum of fuss and inconvenience and cleared up carefully and thoroughly. Their reliability makes them well worth the fee charged.

4 months ago

Anonymous

Marcin and Charlie did a great job with the tree works - efficient and very professional!...

4 months ago

Christine Forrest

I've used Artemis for many decades. We've always found them professional, tidy, courteous, considerate and easy to have around. They might not be the cheapest, but are well worth it and I gu... I've used Artemis for many decades. We've always found them professional, tidy, courteous, considerate and easy to have around. They might not be the cheapest, but are well worth it and I guess you get what you pay for. I wouldn't use or recommend any other company.

4 months ago

Anonymous

Aston and Tom arrived on time and went through the work specified, both were polite and finished the job within a short space of time. I would recommend Artemis to anyone without hesitation.... Aston and Tom arrived on time and went through the work specified, both were polite and finished the job within a short space of time. I would recommend Artemis to anyone without hesitation.

4 months ago

M A Haffner

Very efficient and tree removal was completed on time and in budget. The site was cleaned up beautifully....

5 months ago

Alex Wyatt

They were fantastically efficient, professional & friendly....

5 months ago